Great dressage lesson with Kathy. I am beginning to piece together a better alignment and relaxation for myself as a rider, understanding i.e. when Try gets sticky to transition to a higher gait--quite consistent with Parelli etc. Kathy is helping me to take things Try and I know i.e. turns on the haunches or leg yield to the rail and expand on them. I also am realizing that there is a lot of dressage terminology that I want to learn to the point of it being unconscious knowledge to speed my understanding.
A few things from today:
1. Homework is downward transitions on the HQ rather than FQ from a 2 beat trot to a 4 beat walk. Begin by visualizing and checking my relaxation, then slowing my posting, sitting the trot for a couple strides, then IN MY body begin the 4 beat walk. Focus upward to help Try be uphill. Makes for a smooth transition--I could feel the difference.
2. A cool pattern to play with--walk on the rail into a circle with a HQ yield plus FQ stepping across (small swing) until I get parallel to the rail then leg yield back to the rail. Try's body in leg yield remains parallel to the rail while we travel forward and sideways to the rail.
No comments:
Post a Comment