Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday - lotsa bareback canter

I started with Try today. Nice grooming in the cool barn. Warmed up in the ring in baretek pad and rope halter. Played with HQ yields, and turns on the haunches and forehand. Then went to the round corral for bridleless--forgot the savvy string around her neck GGG. We walked, trotted and played with the indirect and direct rein from intention and then did the pattern we learned from Marie--it was great except the direct rein staying back on her haunches part--we would have had that but time was getting short. (and miles to go before I sleep) Anyway finished with fun bareback canter all over the ring. Shower, dwell time. I enjoyed her company so much.

Then Keystone: Warmup without stirrups for my relaxation. Lovely energy today--just inbetween introverted and extraverted. walk/trot/canter then played with contact for my learning. Finished with bareback canter--I am trying to learn to help him use HQ better so he can regain strength he had in the past. He was such a pleasure, willing, sweet. With a bit of luck so we can stay together, I am going to really learn from him. We are so fortunate.

Here is Keystone--top:dirty and still needs to shed out, after about a month. He has gained so much weight, conditioning and energy. Below: from coggins photos two weeks after returning.


No comments:

Post a Comment