Thursday, April 5, 2012

4th lesson with Kathy


lesson 1: I found an incredibly free glorious sitting trot
lesson 3: Try maintained a bit of vertical flexion at the trot for several laps in the round pen while Kathy worked on my riding.
lesson 4: I found a free posting trot with Try tracking up nicely with Kathy coaching my position. I look forward to finding this for myself!!!

Bend/Counter bend
  • Purpose to release tension in neck and shoulder to get a better stride
  • When Try objected transition up a gait walk to trot, trot to canter
  • Result of transition: more relaxation and more energized

Downward transitions

·        I really want these as popping out of my seat is embarrassing

·        Canter to trot:

o   Good rhythm
o   Wait for ? and Try FQ lift??
o    I slow the canter in my body using my core to shorten my hip action
o   Stay on seat bones
o   Think ahead and visualize
o   Pick up posting in the trot quickly without rushing to cue Try that yes she is correct we are now going to trot

·        Trot to walk:

o   Envision
o   Sit on sitz bones
o   Follow trot but relax stride to cue
o   Then really relax
o   Core muscles/sit deep in saddle will cue
o   Careful not to be forward—stay on sitz bones (body wt on bowl of pelvis)

Lengthening Try’s stride in the canter

·        I need to mentally think rhythm
·        My hip as pendulum tells horse to increase stride
·        Relax my knees and lower leg/my lower legs at the girth not behind/post forward position and upper body over Try’s neck—leading with upper body
·        Soft focus—a hard focus on something specific I lose everything else—soft focus is global awareness

Shoulder fore

·        Try’s shoulder into ring and HQ stay on rail
·        Use inside leg to push and outside to say go forward
·        Leading rein on inside
·        Sit on rail hip.
·        GOAL is the go forward that is the MOST important.

No comments:

Post a Comment