Saturday, October 22, 2011

More on yesterday with Dan Thompson


Thoughts and discussion—more

My biggest goal/concern for the day was further exploration of Intensity is our Friend and helping Try get over being emotional when things get more intense.

1.     What prevents me from doing this? Why do I choose good enough and quit too soon? I can stick to something book learning, dance, physical fitness, LBI great so why not with Try. Dan says and I agree the reason is my RBE desire to avoid conflict and have Try like me!!!!!!!!!! But this creates the codependence—see above.

2.     A thought: although Try may be a difficult LBI as far as I am concerned the worst thing she ever did was wonderful. She is truly my choice of the best horse for me. I feel so safe with her.

3.     Finding the emotional so we can play with it: if it doesn’t happen from my inner energy its ok to use my extraversion.

4.     Upping phases—I can see that I need to use this but use it well. Catch the moment and be fair and use phase that matters to Try. If too consistent with phases Try will tune it out.

5.     Also with phases need to push buttons to get some emotion from Try to have something to play with.

6.     I asked how to id LBE in Try as I think I only see RBE. Well, if Try goes RBE and then relaxes but still has heightened energy then that can be LBE. Also fine line between LBE that is a little unconfident and RBE that is fairly relaxed.

7.     Good enough is no longer good enough.

8.     Call Neil Pye

9.     GoC—I don’t care about contact with Try’s mouth at this time and maybe never.

No comments:

Post a Comment