Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Circling game etc

Today 100% chance of rain so planned indoor activity including horsemanship study. Watched a little of Oct dvd million transitions online. Got enthused and as it wasn't yet really raining went to the barn.

Try was in paddock by the ring (40x280) and not happy about it. All horses had been moved to paddocks and pastures close to the ring with halters on for a quick turn in when heavy rain arrives.

Started with Try online touch it--one tub and two barrels. She got it but lotsa urging on my part. What if I were more aware of phases--i.e. stop her if she goes beyond, ask and then really wait for a try, a question or whatever.

Then circling: walk/trot/canter/stop/back and change of direction on 22' line. She has this of course. My thoughts are to observe more carefully the phase I use--i.e. do I have to use stick and how high to lift it--i.e. would a 2" lift be enough? For transitions and especially experiment with change of direction. Also change of direction pretend its a liberty figure 8 and see what the draw would be with just a big of backup and redirect--what would it take to be effective?

Oh and what about MY INNER INTENSITY???

Then stick to me--how about tag her butt if she doesn't stick close??

A thought--I have had less interest in all this lately largely, I think, as part of the process of dealing with my father's death a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment