Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More on circling game

Watched savvy club oct dvd again--just the Level 1/2. Then went to the barn with my purpose being only to watch my phases in asking for transitions and use of tools in doing so.

1. I wanted to check how high I raise the stick off the ground for upward transitions and found that I actually don't need the stick for ANYthing in circling game including change of direction. Upward just took cluck or kiss, downward little shake of rope. IF I had communicated better with that "vibration," I am sure Try would have picked it up even sooner. The first change of direction without stick was confusing then Try had it and was really relaxed.

Riding: western saddle and cradle bridle--usual warmup and isolations then walk/trot circle with shaping and then canter. Did a few lead changes from my change in body position. Try is just soooo smart. Then BA and Riley left the ring and Try was antsy. We started bridleless cloverleaf pattern at the canter. We did the pattern 5 times before Try figured out the answer was to do it from my body weight--then she relaxed in it and we called it a day.

I love this horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment