Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Starting back after the rain

Rained out Sat, Sun, Mon! Sun and Mon actually left the house on the way to the barn when it began raining again.

Tuesday: Try cantered heavy on the forehand to me to get out of the pasture and the flies. Groom, little ride w/isolations and no stirrups and really nice shower bath.

Wednesday: Try was waiting at the gate. Again grooming etc at liberty, warmup, then a little English equitation review--2 pt and no stirrups and sitting trot. Then sideways with only leg and a little neckstring to keep from going forward--Try did great. Then cloverleaf walk/trot/canter bridleless in the close contact saddle--i.e. a saddle not putting me on my balance point--just sorta faking it. As I gained confidence at the canter I was able to not use the neck string just leg and a little carrot stick and it felt great--lovely relaxed slow canter.

Then shower for Try and went out back for Try to graze while cooling/drying and she just hovered over me. I was touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment