Liberty: we haven't been pursuing this with any sorta plan just more convenient than having a line on Try and I am enjoying testing to see how much we can do without even a lead line.
Today the jump blocks I ordered arrived so we had a new toy. Out back: we experimented at liberty--from ?10', Try will walk up to jump, step across stop and sidepass off (away and towards). Also she will circle and jump it. BUT how do I ask her to jump and stop straddling the pole??
Also the figure 8 is really better--Try looking for me to round the bend--will go from walk to trot when I bring up my energy.
Riding bridleless--neck string and 1 carrot stick: I was sick today and mentally scattered and didn't warmup as well--walk til blow and isolations not as good and ?? effect?? Then 10 meter circles being careful of my focus were fun. Next corners game--we experimented with treats in corners where Try stopped square and lovely--this created lots of impulsion (LBE) as Try hurried to the next corner and possible treat but less focus on Try's part as to the game. How interesting. Also did isolations then bridle on for canter laps and cloverleaf.
Shower at liberty and then dwell time.
I feel like there is overall improvement--that my RBI/power up approach works well. Also stuff is feeling more organic--better flow--with a more relaxed focus on my part.
No comments:
Post a Comment