Sunday, September 11, 2011

Liberty

Just messing around. Saturday--still not up to riding myself but figured Try and I could experiment a little on the ground--liberty for convenience.

Have been reviewing the e-learning L1 stuff. So quickly we reviewed the porcupine stuff for lightness as that is something we neglect. Then to experiment with the driving game.

1. From what distance will "the look" and if necessary the blindman's tapping cause her to back? 6-10 feet which is not so great. Actually the look and moving the finger might have been better--tried it at the end of the session and it was improved. I don't think we have used the blindman cue much.

2. What would happen if I ask Try to circle me with the string on her back? (The idea being to teach her to leave the string on her back.) Well she didn't need the string. With the string I had to circle in place while she circled me--we don't need a string for Try to circle me while I circle. BUT how do we transition to my planting my feet and letting Try know I want a small circle?? As LBI I don't doubt that small circle is preferable to Try than going out to the rail. LOL

3. HQ yield from a look? Haven't done this in ages--at first Try didn't know what I wanted but with a little urging from stick/string it came back nicely.

4. This was all slow and short range. At the end I brought my energy up for snappy 360s and yoyo and then we went down the road for some grazing/dwell time and then liberty bath in the wash stall. I do not think we could have down the walk/graze at liberty???

No comments:

Post a Comment