I arrived and Try was sweet as I brought her in from her pasture for breakfast. Later when I went to her stall to get her she did not come to me--little flick of string and she did but I knew what she was saying to me!
Paddock: liberty--20 minutes of dwell time--Try stuck her nose in the corner over the fence with her butt to me and did not budge from that position even to eat grass. At the end of the time I went to her and I think she was more RBI unconfident over what I had in mind than LBI snotty.
So I had to consider a bunch of alternatives. Throw away any tasks and go for a walk together, saddle up and leave the property for a ride together??? I decided instead to go back to the beginning with friendly game for ??15 minutes or so--lots of rubbing--not extreme friendly. She was even good with touching her teats. Wet towel to cool her off and all done in the shade. Try did relax and blow.
Then on to porcupine review--all pretty soft except head down. Had planned to review L1 driving stuff but Try offered something else and we pursued some yoyo variations to experiment and see where we were--Try more escaping but light on the draw which I did online. So still not as confident.
Touch it next was just lovely--3 objects. She acted like she wanted a treat--I don't generally give treats except in her stall when we finish but I did have one in my pocket--when I reached for the pocket she nickered--so sweet and it made her so happy.
Then we did sideways to and fro 2 buckets--teaching the idea of stopping square at the bucket without prompting from me. Was quite nice after she gave me a "no thank you" and I responded with "oh heck yes." Try seemed even more relaxed after my upping the leadership and her successful problem solving.
We finished with bath at liberty--including sudsing and rinsing her face and she was lovely. Really waited for me to let her know when to come out of the wash stall and go back to her stall for a couple carrot pieces. (Using them for extreme lateral flexion on her tighter right side.)
No comments:
Post a Comment