Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday: Lovely day together

I continued zero tolerance today and Try seemed happy and content with little opposition to anything.

Liberty: Right off the bat she gave nice figure 8 and the 2nd time fig8 at the trot. So we quit there and went inside where it is cooler for grooming. Lots of hanging out and visiting as BA and Jen were there grooming their ponies and Katie was visiting as well.

Then out to the ring: The usual warmup followed by lots of dwell time as I wanted to stay out of the way as Jen was taking a very exuberant LBE Katie over a jump course. Then Try and I resumed with an emphasis on the shoulder/HQ/rib isolations for conditioning purposes. Try did them well and we did each once or twice and then onward to a few canter laps--they were lovely--Try was using her HQ well.

Leaving the ring we played with emotional fitness in and out of the gate: I like the turn and circle back to the rail method--it seems to settle her where backing makes Try more emotional.
Then showered off and dwell time while visiting with Pauline, new boarders etc--Try came and snuggled up with me. We ended with treats for more lateral flexion stretching on her right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment