Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday: Linda Parelli quote on positive emotional fitness

“Horses LOVE happy humans and you cannot fake that,” says Linda. “To me, the definition of ‘happiness’ is being content with the present. It’s hard to do anything meaningful in the future if you’re coming from a position of dissatisfaction in the present. Horses can help us learn to cherish every present moment. Parelli is all about learning how to become the kind of person horses want to be with, feel safe with, and will do anything for.”

I love this quote. I remember someone said in human relationships i.e. spouses--so often the focus is on fixing the negative instead of celebrating the positive. Taken further--that would be me celebrating what is wonderful about Try AND Try's response to the positive attitude I have toward her.

Even further, not only positive attitude toward her but positive, joyful, peaceful, in love with life on my part and its influence on our time together. i.e. the 'magic" days we have are usually when I go to the barn with a that overall glow of peace and love and the desire to just enjoy some time together and only loosely caring about the agenda/progressing.

Another consideration, as Try is LBI, she might at best find curious my RBE joy, and prefer the peaceful/love kinda positive energy. Depends on where she is--when she gets an LBE joy going herself I guess we can both play with positive exuberance.

No comments:

Post a Comment