Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday

Filmed again today. Yesterday On Line with Try was the carrot person and today I saw the stick person. Neither one works but how to find the middle ground.

Plan: film again today but start with dwell time followed by stick together. Then take my time with sideways and backing and carefully study phasing to see if Try will pick up speed with less. ?? Could I say trot for sideways and have her respond? If she responds so easily in circling game could it apply to sideways or back? Can I find a way to cue her that I'd like backup to be slow/fast/slow?

21 days to make a new habit--new habit is distance and speed???

Riding?? Saddle up and go see some cows???

Spiderman: Monday On Line Issues continue to be backup--got it from blind man/stick but not from yoyo--he is not picking up on the idea of phasing and knowing what happens before what happens. Also still an issue is that he keeps thinking any cue with stick and string unless I am close or touching means lunging. However, I watched a L1 audition yesterday that was nice and I think Spiderman is pretty much there.

Riding: wow frustrating--my energy went into staying out of Tara's way. Forgot hand position in walk/trot was too slow/did not consider bending in the turns and ?? maybe 4 laps of no stirrups but who knows as I was all over the ring and rarely on the rail. YUCK.

For Tuesday I am considering taking Spiderman to small paddock for dwell time and then games instead of the ring--maybe that will give both of us a different mind set.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are playing with two horses now. It is interesting to hear the dynamic between the two different sessions with each horse.

    ReplyDelete