Friday, February 25, 2011

Another big two horse day!

Arrived at the barn to find trainer/client coming from Massachusetts (flying in) to see Sierra's horse Sarge so I quickly started with Spiderman to have the ring to myself. He started out with On Line fairly RBE and matching the energy helped and he settled--trying to be soothing and huggy friendly did NOT help DUH. His backup/yoyo through space chair and pedestal was really good. I asked and got a lovely circle game at a relaxed walk then went on to sideways. Circling to the rail did help but don't know that its sinking in.

Riding: walk til blow, lovely light relaxed contact at the walk. Then the circle: some improvement on maintaining all 4 contact, impulsion, bend on the circle and precision of the circle. Did at posting trot and was making some progress at soft feel. Then canter a few laps for impulsion and a couple laps of no stirrups posting trot for my strength.

More sideways: guests arrived and Spiderman and I went to the small paddock and did sideways all the way around the circumference--get few good steps, stop, process and sing to him. Still don't know if he is just reacting or seeking the good deal--I really want him to understand sideways not just do it.

Try: Camera broke so did not even do sideways--we did a little circling etc--she was pretty relaxed and backing was much improved on line.

Riding: In the ring, walk til blow, falling leaf, lots of backing and carrot stick riding, canter and halt and relax. When I can get the ring to myself I want to do canter patterns i.e. cloverleaf with carrot stick/leg and test to see where we are and also canter yoyos. Progress was relaxing after her energy came up in canter or backup etc and more impulsion/energy in the backup.

Try and I finished with trail ride up to see the cows. Her energy came up at the flooded areas on either side of the road and I just told her yes we will proceed and all was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment