Friday, January 21, 2011

Thursday in the Mud

On Line: having reread my notes from Dan Thompson sessions, I was set to keep energy/focus/intention in mind. We played with hunt my focus over the cavaletti pole--interesting how quickly she lined up when I kept my focus--later tried it out in asking her to line up with me for mounting. This mind reading really works. Also watched youtube video of preschool age child riding bareback and bridleless and asking horse to push the ball or get on the pedestal from focus and intention!

Sideways towards on the right side is coming along nicely--Try has figured it out--so we have learned and are in the controlling stage. With sideways away and towards on the left that would be refining stage and we could go for more energy or greater distance and moving from intention and focus.

Circling: not on the plan but I needed something to get her more mentally with me so we circled in the ring on the 22' with me checking the send and gait transitions from my energy etc. Also had some fun turning it into a stick together game.

Riding was mostly freestyle: bareback in the ring--posting trot and canter. I think I am solid for the canter unless there was a big, quick change of direction or something--I was ok with a big stumble. Then we changed to the western saddle for a passenger trail ride--Try going where ever she wants (within boundaries of my perceived safety). I let Karen know to come for us if not back in an hour. But today Try did not want to keep exploring and was mostly interested in stopping past Jim and Pauline's house and checking out the geldings and even more so was curious about the big field across the street. I don't know why?? We finished with 4 laps of canter in the ring.

We did play with falling leaf, picking up contact, backing, swing the shoulders, stretching. Walk til blow and my pilates as warmup.

Muddy, sinking in the mud, slippery etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment