Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spiderman!

BA called--I am getting 1/2 lease of Spiderman--I think he will be a great horse for lessons, no stirrups, and GoC for me. I started On Line: friendly is good--not afraid of stick and string, being rubbed on legs (duh) etc and porcupine is pretty good but not thrilled about backing. Only driving was yo-backing--he was surprized by phases and did lotsa lickin and chewin. Riding: slippery in the ring--walk til blow, trot, canter.

Spent an hour or so with Try as well. She was happy to see me. We did a mix of liberty and online in the paddock out back--improvements in sideways--distance, lighter cueing, and "speed." Coming to me from barely touching behind Z3 with stick/string from ?8' away. We rode--slippery in the ring--did the usual biometric stuff--shoulders/hind end/backing. Canter--2nd day I felt I was sitting deep in the dressage saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment