I started with Riley. Occasional treat in the pasture a good idea. We played in the round pen--mostly On Line. Lotsa time on being relaxed at the poll. Head down for bridling/haltering best from using lead not poll until he is more confident--he was really getting the idea of getting a carrot slice if he put his head down and into the halter--I started and Bethanna built on it--I think it is really going to work as he was VERY motivated to get that little bit of carrot.
Friendly: rub pretty much all over with stick, swing string over his back, walking and swinging rope not so clear or confident. Lots of rubs, stroking, etc and more relaxed all the time.
Porcupine: Did not know backing from the chest--phases. Forehand and HQ yields ok--HQ more like a ball--sensitive.
Driving: yes to back, HQ, no knowledge of FQ. Touch it--sorta--if object was really obvious.
Yoyo: lots of draw, hesitant to back but learning quickly.
Circling: he knows it--can build on it
Sideways: he ran away from me--need to start with porcupine, start slower
Squeeze: didn't do--once we get good a driving it should not be an issue.
He offered the pedestal.
TRY: nice ride, the usual warmup stuff, 6 laps trot, 4 canter--nice variation of speed within the trot, canter I am still confused. Then we went for long walk around the facility.
No comments:
Post a Comment