Saturday, January 22, 2011

Summary: What I've learned from Dan Thompson that I am currently considering

In general:
I want to teach Try to hunt for the  GOOD DEAL.
I am taking the time to check my use of ENERGY--life up/life down--FOCUS and INTENTION.
We are playing the hunt my focus game.

A priority for us is DRAW
1. catching game--more closer and apply more pressure
2. sticking together: consider progress with break over distance, variety, how open are we to each other.

Games to play with to practice the above:
1. backing for hunt my focus. Also life up/dn to cue from energy alone.
2. Sideways: energy and focus--can I stand in one place and get sideways--how far/how fast
3. Circling: leaning/ears/variety/distance/draw at the trot

Warmups: On the ground--use fun slow stuff i.e. cone/barrel variations. touch it.

TEACH
CONTROL
REINFORCE
REFINE

RIDING
Warmup: walk until blow/pilates 21 days
Confidence/acceptance in zone 1--its a conversation
Snappy go/whoa/relax--good gait
Progressing my 7 step soft feel (GoC)
RBE challenges: match + gate/circling/lead change/jump/transitions/coming off the rail/riding in the field etc
incorporating Michael jackson
Patterns: hunt my focus game--still the leadeer but give Try responsibility
Falling leaf, weave with shoulder swing, partial disengagement etc for shoulder flexibility and using HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment