This blog is a continuation of 2009-2010. Basically this is a diary to provide motivation and to see where I have been and want to go. Background: I have been studying Parelli for about 7 years, my focus now is improving the quality of what I do. I am inching my way into level 4 study with Try. We have no career or performance aspirations. I'm just passionate about the journey of learning. This blog is public at times but when hit by wierd spam I make it private.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Proud
Is it ok to say that I am proud of myself today? It seems so egotistical but I am currently basking in the glow of accomplishment. Today I had the absolute most physically tough ride of my life and did not wimp out. Try and I warmed up as usual then lots of posting trot to stay out of the way of others in the ring, then ??1.5 miles of canter at 2 point. This was an experiment to see what Try would think of me staying out of the saddle altogether--her canter was faster--a true canter and we both were relaxed and strong. She did not pound on her front end nor have a bad attitude. This is huge and I need to think/experiment more with ??shimming the saddle etc?? to figure this out. Anyway then we trotted forever again, took a break and finished with our mile of no stirrups posting trot. Whew. And hot!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment