Life has been interfering and I have not been to the barn Monday-Wednesday.
Sunday however was really interesting. We played out back and I adopted the "lets see what happens" mind set instead of the getter done attitude. We did the electric slide at liberty--i.e. stick to me. Forward and back and sideways--3 steps and wait--easy and pleasant except the sideways towards needed a little urging.
Important to remember if I can be RBI relaxed for Try and just experiment and then bring up energy/life and apply phases/consequences as needed so as not to be a wimpy leader.
Then I pointed Try at the ball and she pushed it and asked the question now what--repeated this a few times taking the ball 1/2 way around the paddock. I did not need to be near her. Question for the future--how does Try decide to push it several times instead of once before asking me what next?
Next lovely full grooming in the shade at liberty, tacked up, warmed up in the ring and went to the far paddock to play with the gate. I do not understand her concern. We got walking up to the gate and stroking it before Jim came out and we all went back to the barn to check out Try's stall.
Then decided not to ride any more gave Try nice long bath at liberty and found the hint of using carrot stick to rub yes-but areas worked well as she is sensitive about her teets.
At home I am preparing L4 study notes. I have watched different L4 freestyle audition tapes and am studying them for content/structure/quality etc. I think there will be some good stuff to play with here.
No comments:
Post a Comment