Today I arrived at the barn full of plans and found Try had an ugly cut on her left hind leg--no doubt from a kick. It was swollen so I spent an hour with her--soaking the leg, bute. Also took advantage of the day to fit the cradle bridle--think I've got it pretty good. Also a quick clipping, good bath for legs and belly as I found some either rain rot or bug bite scabs. At first Try loved me rubbing her belly then decided she didn't. Hmm. Also she stood outside for 10 minutes for the cold soak but got antsy later in the wash stall. She will be out of commission tomorrow also so I guess this is a chance to check out our "habits"--plan to give her a full bath, maybe go graze somewhere with really good grass etc.
Oh and yesterday was carrot and cooling off with wet towel in her stall.
No comments:
Post a Comment