Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesday felt like Monday

Still working on notes from session with Dan.

Today was Try only and we reviewed everything from Monday.

1. stick to her on right side for 15 minutes--we walked all around but she would have preferred hang out at the gate with Ollie or eat hay--but she seemed relatively confident--I had to really concentrate to keep matching her--her stride is longer than mine--she does a little developpe with each step--and she keeps changing her rhythm.
2. then because right side is such an issue we played liberty games of back and over then sideways on the right side. Sideways towards took some time to do. (draw on right side being weak--i.e. fig 8)

hmm, isolate, separate, recombine
I must connect with Try first, if I would like her to connect with me.

3. Next circling on line with HQ yields--I started with 360 move your HQ as a warmup:

a.      Get a good attempt at moving HQ
b.      Get a really good step with HQ
c.      Plant front foot and good step with HQ
d.      All of the above plus keep going.
We fairly quickly got the good step, we got a few good plants, and I had to cue the keep going part.
4. distance on the circle--yes she will go to end of rope and I can use some drive but she does it anyway. wow this concept is so new for us both. Yes I can easily get her to circle into me with the spiral technique and I played with squaring my shoulder for a direct draw. I don't see how we get from here to teaching distance on the circle from intention drive/draw without using rope and stick/string.

Riding:
1. Passenger for 15 minutes: Game ok to stop at gate for 3 minutes then go again--off limits were hay. I practiced where is Try thinking and matching physically. She was thinking lets go to Ollie so I thought that too and she I guess felt it and picked up a bit of speed toward Ollie.

2. Then we did some walk/jog til ya blow warmup and then added trot and stop using HQ disengagement or 2 legs/look up engagement. (hmm--looking up--can that be the new lighter phase for whoa?). It took awhile at first for Try to disengage but she licked and chewed and it got faster.
Then played with the steps above and they went about as well as on the ground.

3. Offensive sideways--got one good step--but lots of resistance and confusion.

4. Finished with big trot and canter about the pasture for fitness and release.

No comments:

Post a Comment