This blog is a continuation of 2009-2010. Basically this is a diary to provide motivation and to see where I have been and want to go. Background: I have been studying Parelli for about 7 years, my focus now is improving the quality of what I do. I am inching my way into level 4 study with Try. We have no career or performance aspirations. I'm just passionate about the journey of learning. This blog is public at times but when hit by wierd spam I make it private.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Gallop!
Thursday lovely relaxed grooming in barn at liberty...Try and I. Lookin forward to relaxed easy day. Went to her newly mowed pasture and took off lead for Try to graze or whatever she wanted while I set up question box and got saddle etc out. Try got worried after awhile and began galloping hugely all over the place. Played catching game and we got back together on line but she was still very emotional and powerful. Switched to 22 foot line and played circling game...wild and emotional until I asked her to quit when she was starting to tear up pasture. Went to round pen but by the time I got there she was calmer and trying to figure out how to please. Don't remember the games. Left, saddled up, still emotional trotted and cantered until she was calm. Then back to the barn for full spa treatment bath.
I was particularly struck by what a powerful horse she is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment