The first ride of the New Year
BA/Dorry and Try and I went for a hour+ trail ride on the Weyerhaeuser roads for the first time in at least 4 years. I like being on a road in the woods because there is plenty of space. Try led as that is her preference and gave Dorry confidence as this is his second trail ride ever. We came upon hunters but they assured us we would not be in the same area. Try got to choose which way to go when we came to cross roads. We passed fallen logs, brush and a rickety bridge--Dorry and Try were curious but confident. There was one more narrow area with deep ditches on either side which made me nervous and I shortened my reins. I know tho Try would absolutely not want to go in either ditch. When we came to the end of the loop both horses were both worried about the big yellow gate barring our way. BA had Dorrey play approach and retreat. Then I led Try into the narrow ditch by the gate successfully. Dorry didn't want to go so BA backed him. LOL. It was a lovely warm day for a relaxing ride after some cold weather. Also it did not hurt my back at all and hopefully I will be back to trotting and cantering next ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment