This blog is a continuation of 2009-2010. Basically this is a diary to provide motivation and to see where I have been and want to go. Background: I have been studying Parelli for about 7 years, my focus now is improving the quality of what I do. I am inching my way into level 4 study with Try. We have no career or performance aspirations. I'm just passionate about the journey of learning. This blog is public at times but when hit by wierd spam I make it private.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
I'm back
January was a bummer with injuries, cold, etc. Rode only about once a week. Including lovely trail ride on Weyerhaeuser land. Yesterday--Try indicated that she wasn't excited about being saddled or going to the ring, so we went to the hilly field tho I thought warming up in the ring might have been a better idea. She got emotional about wanting to follow Devon into the field so we played for a long time with turning if she showed emotion. Then in the field played with transitions and speed within gaits--at first to see that she did not rush down hill, that we stayed on my focus, and to avoid the tendency of us both to speed up going uphill (yahoo). Then I needed to keep Try from breaking from jog or trot to a walk going downhill LOL. Finally canter--I am anxious about cantering downhill--afraid Try might slip--and footing wasn't great--but it went well and was nothing to be concerned about. Fewer and fewer fears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment