Today I had the time and goal to mess around with confidence and steady relaxed gait going through many gates around the farm. Well, Try was lovely with everyone I tried so no game there.
I wanted also to fill her bucket of positives after a couple big rides lately so went off the property in the opposite direction for about a mile. It was new scenery for Try as we had not been that way in years. She was looking around, alive and happy. After about a mile or so she decided to turn around and return home.
When we got back we found a gate she sped up for, so game on. We yoyoed in and out but I wasn't happy not to have carrot stick with me so I changed the game to energy up canter here and there in the ring, stop, reins down, complete relax, then we walked thru the gate again completely relaxed.
Next, showered off as it was 70some degrees, and then walked/grazed around the farm followed by some dwell time in the pasture.
No comments:
Post a Comment