Monday, December 5, 2011

hunter pace

For something different, because BA's daughter Jen was entered in the hunter pace at Cottonwood and therefor BA would be trailering Roy there, BA and I rode Forrest and Try in it also.

I loved that it was in pairs or trios instead of a big group. Try was great--alive but left brain. Some of the footing was not good so we had stretches that were either walk or slow sitting trot or jog to watch for stumps and sink holes. We actually got lost and did not finish correctly but who cares--beautiful day to be riding and lovely scenery. Also I was proud that Try was able to keep up with Forrest's trot just fine--it was a fast trot for her. Proud also of Jen for knowing how to be careful without anyone having warned her of the footing!

No comments:

Post a Comment