You did some excellent work Friday. Alot of new feelings and learning to identify what the horse is doing under you. Trye is beginning to understand the difference between sidepass and leg yield with shoulder-in and disengaging her HQ and going forward in leg yield with haunches-in. She ended up offering her HQ and let you encourage the FORWARD and Over. Your seat in a 3 point canter is improving and you were able to begin to use the porkipine game to drift her into your outside aides and began to rate(ajust MPH) in the canter. You had a very good beginning to having a meaningful conversation with Trye about the quality of the canter. As this continues and you can feel her response better, the canter will become more balanced and rideable. Good Job, Elizabeth...you and Trye are an awesome partnership.
More--Kathy emailed this to Lisa:
Glad you two had the chance to get together (Watched Lisa at jeanette clinic.) Friday we worked on leg yield shoulder-in and
LY haunches-in. Trye was confused with
sidepass and didn't understand FORWARD and over. I walked beside them and helped them
understand the feel of maintaining forwardness.
Of course, Trye wasn't thrilled with LY haunches-in as she doesn't like
to release the HQ. After a couple of
repetitions, she began to offer her HQ. EP is beginning to feel the difference.
We also worked on the canter. The mare has a strong,pounding canter that
doesn't give EP much of a place to sit, unless she really relaxes, finds her
seat and holds it with her core. Her
dance allows her to isolate her core, but "letting go" and finding
her balance point for 3 point - while the horse is pounding and disunited is
very hard. I was able to get her sitting
in a more relaxed position. She was
able, for the first time, to begin getting Trye into her outside rein and we
began to rate the canter and get her standing up more. The canter, of course, got a bit better as
she slowed and stood up. EP had no idea
of what she had been able to do. I think
she was feeling a bit frustrated, but I explained what she was able to
accomplish. I think she was a bit
overwhelmed as we had covered alot of territory, even though we had been there
before - less successfully. I wrote her
an explaination on her FB page so she could see it, read it and begin to digest
it. She was surprised that she had been
able to do all that. As I've told her, I
can see more of what she is doing successfully as she is doing what I am asking
and not in a position to internalize what she is doing and the horse is trying
to do in response. Trye is really trying
to understand what we are asking. It is
hard for both of them as they have never had a conversation like this. Neither of them have ever cantered on contact
and asked these questions before. They
are doing so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment