Today I set up two things to be particular about--with the possibility of some Jim Carrey fun.
1. yoyo at liberty: from intention. Started with find my focus and one messy (ugly) start when Try just escaped back without my asking. The second try was perfect--backed from my energy up and "the look" and quit with energy down then draw from intention. WOW. This could be progressed with backing farther.
2. Pick me up at the mounting block: again liberty because she was 6/8' away and I thought what the heck why not try it and see what happens. She was not only that far away but diagonally so from the fence and couldn't just walk forward. She came SIDEWAYS DIAGONALLY FORWARD right into place!! This was a big high for me. Gosh--do I just not expect enough?? How rude.
RIDING: The main goal was canter for Try to increase her aerobic fitness. Because I have been reviewing Dan notes I decided to do his exercise on the circle: trot then canter shaping on circle with HQ getting a good bend, small and large circles then go out on straight away and change the bend to change the lead. Well Try not only changed but kept cantering SIDEWAYS DIAGONALLY FORWARD to the rail. It was so cool I didn't have the heart to stop her. Then we cantered on the rail and played with small circles when the canter was rough to get a nice canter in both directions.
Contact: Finished with this on the small circle. Quickly got the flexion and mostly kept it at a trot with change of direction. Then at a canter in one direction. She was so great I quit at that point.
Is it a good idea to play with contact at the end of a session?
No comments:
Post a Comment