I am neglecting this blog--gorgeous weather, lots of horse time and thus tired and writing less.
Thursday: Keystone--got some great feedback on what I am doing with him. Have been asking for contact at the standstill and waiting for him BUT would release on a bit of flexion without softening which was not effective. light bulb moment. Anyway lovely trot, patterns, transitions of gaits.
Monday: Magic day
Keystone: western saddle and just rode and played about in Try's field, Devon's field and the ring: walk, trot, canter. He was bright and alive but when in Devon's field he started to worry about being the only horse outside.
Try: She was in her stall and making ugly faces at me so we went out back to improve her state of being. Well, as soon as we got there, she was happy as a clam and we played with first one then the other suggesting things to play with--stream of consciousness style. Then as I had no tack available, decided to just ride bareback with the savvy string around her neck as backup--walk and jog about, patterns, transitions, HQ/FQ isolations, turns, slow spins etc. Beautiful day and just lovely to be together.
Tuesday: LessonS with Kathy in Try's field. I had set up the cones for a 20x40 meter dressage ring.
Keystone first while Try was content in the round pen nearby. This was the first lesson with Kathy in months with Key so we started way back. We asked for the contact a bit differently and when it came it was great and was there for much of the lesson walk, trot and canter. Both the trot and canter had extended times of being gorgeous--quality of gait and body shaping. Key--took awhile for him to decide that was the "good deal." Also I think he enjoyed riding in Try's field instead of the ring. We got to play some with using the whole ring, crossing diagonals, 20 meter circles etc.
Then Try: Million transitions and lots of HQ/FQ isolations to motivate Try to flex etc. Good walk and trot and best of all, she seemed really happy. I ran out of steam after 2 hours of lesson concentration.
No comments:
Post a Comment